Grand Theft Auto has long since given up its roots as a sinister gangster simulation, and alongside the flying motorcycles and Bigfoot gadgets, there’s this weekend GTA Online UFO Event gives Los Santos and the state of San Andreas an extraterrestrial advantage.
It may be an event at this point, it may be a bit of a chore, but the UFO will only be in GTA Online for a limited time. The first part of the event lasted October 15-21, with a second series of venues running that weekend.
It’s well worth a quick trip and is similar to the UFO encounter in Red Dead Redemption 2.
Where to watch the GTA Online UFO event – Phase 2
The first location in the second part of the GTA Online UFO event is the Satellite relay station south of Sandy Shores as shown in the screenshot above.
Approach the area either by vehicle or on foot and you can see the flying saucer in the sky.
As with the first 6 encounters, you can see the UFO in-game in GTA Online Free Roam between 10:00 PM and 3:00 AM.
The second phase of the daily UFO event is live. The current location is near Sandy Shores Airfield.
The UFO will be showing up in Blaine County in the next few days and seems to be getting closer to town.
– Tez2 (@ TezFunz2) October 21, 2021
This next set of locations is steadily moving south from the previous set and approaching the city of Los Santos.
You can see all of the UFO event locations in the embedded YouTube video from GTA Series Video below, which is based on their original work with the help of Trustworthy leakers on Twitter.
If you can’t or don’t want to watch the video, the spawns are as follows.
- In the Satellite relay station south of Sandy Shores
- Above the UFO crash site from the Gunrunners update next to Fort Zancudo
- In the Hut in the Great Chaparral area in the middle of the map
- Above Patriot House next to the Redwood Lights Track
- The farm next to the big bend on Baytree Canyon Road in Great Chaparral
- Around Palmer-Taylor power plant on the east coast the island map
So you’re not checking old places, we’ve left the UFO spots from the first part of the event below.
GTA Online UFO Event Level 1
To see your close encounter with the nature of GTA Online, go to the cape on the northwest side of the map, west of Mount Chiliad, next to the Paleto Forest and south of Paleto Bay.
Your potential abduction can only happen at night, when the UFO appears in the game between 10:00 PM and 3:00 AM.
When you get to the correct point on the map, approach the beach and look up at the sky. You can see the UFO briefly before it disappears.
If you want to see it again, all you have to do is leave the area and come back for it to reappear.
According to YouTuber Mr GTA Online, the location of the UFO will change throughout the duration of the event, appearing in different locations on the north coast of San Andreas on different days.
The full map of where the UFO is supposed to appear is at the end of their embedded video below:
If for some reason you can’t watch a video, the locations are as follows:
- Straight from the north coast of the island, to the right of Paleto Bay, above the sunken crashed UFO Saturday
- at the summit of Mount Chiliad At Sunday
- Near the lighthouse on the east coast of the island, east of Grapeseed, on Monday
- at the radio tower of Altruist Camp in the Chiliad State Mountain Wilderness area, on the west side of the map Tuesday
- Above the Alien Camp on the east side of Sandy Shores in the southeast of the Alamo Sea Wednesday
There has been a lot of speculation as to why Rockstar added such a mysterious and fleeting event to GTA Online. Could this be a clue to a future event, something more interesting for Halloween, or even a clue to part of the next heist?
For more information on GTA Online, check out our guides on setting up the Diamond Casino Heist, preparing for the Cayo Perico Heist, and getting started with the Los Santos Tuner update.