App subscriptions activate premium functions in Android apps. If you remove the app, you will need to sign out of it to stop payments. Here is how.
While the Google Play Store has a selection of great (and free) Android apps, you’re going to be missing out if you don’t also consider a paid app or two.
Some apps require a one-time upfront fee, while others include in-app purchases to unlock certain features. Some apps may require a subscription with a monthly or annual cost to unlock full functionality. If you want to subscribe to an Android app and uninstall it, you will need to log out first because you will be removing the app habit cancel the subscription for you.
If you want to know how to sign out of an app on Android, here’s how.
How to cancel an app on Android
Unsubscribing from an app on Android varies slightly between apps and services. This guide explains the necessary actions to be taken when canceling a subscription on Android. While the steps outlined below are pretty normal, you may need to follow additional on-screen instructions depending on the app you’re using.
To cancel an app on Android:
- Open that Google Play Store, and then select the correct Google Account by clicking your. tap Profile icon in the upper right corner.
- Next, tap Payments & Subscriptions in the menu.
- Beat Subscriptions to view active subscriptions in your Google account.
- You will see a list of the apps and services that you are currently subscribed to. Tap the subscription you want to cancel in the active perform.
- The subscription details are displayed in the list Manage subscription Section. To end the subscription, tap the Interrupt Button.
- Select a reason for cancellation from the list that appears, then tap Continue Button.
- You’ll need to confirm the cancellation, so tap that Cancel subscription Button.
At this point your app subscription will be inactive and will appear as cancelled by doing Manage subscription Menu. That means your subscription will stay active until the next billing date. After this date, the subscription will end and you will not be billed for anything.
If you want to renew the subscription, press Subscribe to to reactivate it.
How to cancel apps from the Google Play Store website
You can also unsubscribe from an active app subscription from the Google Play Store website. This allows you to cancel subscriptions from your PC or Mac web browser.
To cancel an Android app subscription online:
- First, visit the Google Play Store website with your web browser and log in.
- After logging in, click My subscriptions from the column on the left.
- The following screen displays a list of your subscriptions. Press the Administer Link next to the app description.
- A screen will open with your subscription terms, payment method and the next payment date. Press the Cancel subscription Link in the lower left corner.
- Provide a reason for the cancellation, then click Continue Button.
- Press the Cancel subscription Button to check the termination of the service.
- You will see a confirmation that the app subscription has been canceled – click on OK acknowledge this.
Cancel a subscription on Android
As soon as you sign out of an app on Android, you will receive a confirmation email from Google. If you change your mind, you can sign up again at any time before or after the subscription period expires.
Fortunately, the steps above show that canceling a subscription on Android is pretty easy. You can check your subscription list from time to time, especially if you’ve forgotten about subscription trials in the past.
You’re not limited to using your apps on your Android device. If you have a PC, you can install Android apps on Windows 11. If you have an Apple device, don’t forget to cancel subscriptions on iPhones or iPads that you no longer use.