Although restrictions have been eased in many parts of the world, we are still in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, which means some places may require proof of vaccination. Users can store digital vaccination cards on their Android smartphones, but access can sometimes be a bit cumbersome. Thankfully, Google is making it even easier to store and access your digital vaccination record right from your Pixel home screen.
We’ll show you how to quickly save your digital vaccination record to your Pixel phone and add a Google Pay home screen shortcut for easy access.
How to save your digital vaccination card with screenshot
1. Locate Email, app or website with your digital vaccination card. When you open the QR code of your vaccination card, take a screenshot.
2. click the button in the screenshot overlay that prompts you to “Add to Google Pay.”
3. The next screen will give you details on how to save your digital vaccination card to your phone. click “Continue.”
4. On the next screen scroll down and beat “I agree.”
5. Your map has been successfully saved to your device. blow “Next.”
6. Your phone will automatically prompt you to create a shortcut for your saved map on your home screen. Choose “Add shortcut.”
7. On the next screen blow “Add to home screen.”
8. The map will appear on your home screen as a shortcut that you can move to any position.
9. Beat the icon to display your digital vaccination card. This will likely require your fingerprint or your preferred lock screen method.
There you have it. Now you can quickly access your vaccination card without having to search through your pictures or Google Pay to find it.
It should be noted that saving your digital map via screenshot is a feature only available in the US, Canada and Australia on Pixel 4 through current Pixel 6 series. Users must also have the Google Pay app installed and an active internet connection.
Of course, you don’t need to go through all of these steps if you already have the card stored in Google Pay on your device.
How to pin a saved digital vaccination record to your home screen
1. Open Google Pay and Locate Your digital vaccination card.
2. Tap on the three dots in the top right corner to open the overflow menu.
3. Select “Save to home screen” and then follow the prompts to save the map as a shortcut to your home screen.
It’s worth noting that this latter method isn’t exclusive to Pixel smartphones. Any of the best Android phones can pin a digital vaccination card to their home screen this way, as long as it’s stored in the Google Pay app.