This tutorial is about sideloading apps with an Android smartphone. We will do our best to make you understand this guide. I hope you enjoy this blog How to sideload apps with an Android smartphone. If your answer is yes, please share after reading.
Check how to sideload apps with an Android smartphone
The Android TV platform is one of the most diverse when it comes to app availability. Just like your Android phone, your Android TV gives you access to the Google Play Store to download apps and games of your choice. However, not all apps are available in the Play Store for Android TV. Take Google Chrome for example. If you want to access your Android TV’s web browser, you can’t install it like other apps from the Google Play Store. This is where sideloading comes into play.
App sideloading is a method that allows you to install and use apps that you cannot find on your Android TV device through the Google Play Store. It’s similar to downloading apps to your Android phone. The best thing about the Android TV platform is that unlike other smart TV operating systems like LG’s web operating system, you have the option to install an Android app pack or APK on it. In this guide, we are going to talk about two of the easiest methods to download apps on Android TV using Android phones and the cloud. Both methods are easy to follow and get the job done. Let’s see how they work.
How to load apps with an Android smartphone
If you have an Android smartphone, it’s easier to download apps. Here’s how to do it.
- On your Android phone, download the apk file of the app that you want to download to your Android TV.
- Then install the Cast Files to TV app on both your Android TV and Android phone from the Google Play Store.
- Once installed, open the app on both your mobile phone and TV.
- Select the Receive option on your TV.
- On your phone, select the “Send” option.
- Now locate the APK file of the app that you want to transfer to your phone.
- Select the APK file and send it by searching for the name of your Android TV.
- This allows Android TV to receive the APK file.
After receiving the file, you need to follow the steps below to use the app on your TV.
- Download the File Commander app to your TV from the Play Store.
- Open the File Commander app and select the Internal Storage option.
- Here you will find the APK file of the application that you received from your mobile phone in the Downloads folder.
- Tap on the file and select the Install option. This will start the installation process. Sometimes you may come across a message stating that the app is from an unknown source. You need to enable Unknown Sources option by going to settings.
- Once the installation is complete, you can use the app on your Android TV.
Final words: How to sideload apps with an Android smartphone
I hope you understand this article How to sideload apps with an Android smartphone, if your answer is no, you can ask anything in the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, then please share this article with your family and friends.