A great aspect of Steam is that it’s not just a storefront. Steam also acts as a library for a player’s games, even titles that aren’t technically available on Steam. Take Genshin Impact for example. Fans cannot “buy” the title on Steam and it has its own launcher and can be purchased through other app stores where it is available, such as the PlayStation Store.
If gamers want to keep their game library nice and tidy, they can add titles directly to Steam. That way it doesn’t get confusing to keep track of what games are associated with this launcher or that launcher. Plus, Steam’s interface is incredibly easy to use.
If players want to dive straight into miHoYo’s open-world gacha game Genchin Impact, they can do so by using Steam as a way to launch the game. Here’s how Genshin Impact fans can play the game on Steam.
Playing Genshin Impact with Steam is not that difficult
As mentioned, the game cannot be purchased on Steam; Instead, players must add the game using Steam’s in-app features. It’s a very simple and straightforward process, although it’s best done using the game’s own launcher. That’s how it’s done:
- Step 1: If you haven’t already, install the game. You can download it from the game’s official website.
- step 2: Start Steam. Sign in with the account you want to add the game to.
- step 3: Now in your Steam Library there is a small option in the lower left corner labeled “+Add Game”. Go ahead and select that.
- step 4: From the pop-up menu, select “Add a non-Steam game…” and another menu will appear.
- step 5: Now look for the game in the menu. If it doesn’t appear, you’ll need to use the Browse button to find the folder where it was installed.
- step 6: Once added, check the box on the left and select “Add Selected Programs”.
From then on, the game can be launched directly from Steam. If the game’s official launcher has been added, the launcher will launch. More importantly, the game will be listed alongside the other games in your library.
For those who haven’t had a chance to try Genshin Impact yet, now might be the time to think about adding it to Steam and playing the game.
The game mixes open-world, action, and RPG elements along with “gacha” mechanics wrapped in an anime aesthetic. The game is developed by the Chinese studio HoYoverse. However, the game works purely online, so it cannot be played without internet service.
Typical of open-world action role-playing games, there are various locations to explore and loot to find. Most importantly, players control more than just their character. They rule an entire group, each with their own personalities and unique abilities.