Shiro Games, the French indie studio behind Evoland, Darksburg and the Viking strategy game Northgard, have announced Wartales.
Wartales is an open world tactical role-playing game in which you lead a group of mercenaries to achieve goals, make your fortune, and embark on dangerous ventures.
As your group evolves, explore the remains of the Edora Empire, which was ravaged by a Great Plague.
In the fairly large world, you can build camps, craft weapons, feed and pay mercenaries, and fight in a turn-based combat system.
As you fight, steal bounties and grab the title of mercenary as you discover the secrets of the mysterious land.
Here’s more about Wartales:
- Explore the world and help its inhabitants gather more information about the events that led to the strange “new normal” in which you are now embroiled.
- Travel through more than 20 regions in search of fame and fortune.
- Fight wild animals or fearless bandits in a tactical turn-based combat system with in-depth and innovative mechanics, including timeline management.
- Recruit new companions and create your perfect build with numerous unique specializations, skills, and weapon preferences.
- Accept treaties in defense, save the inhabitants of the country from peasants to lords. They may be good or bad, you will discover it on your way.
- Collect bounties and keep an eye out for yourself. Make too much trouble and you will get caught.
- Deep and intuitive RPG progression and crafting system to level up your characters.
- Collect materials to craft powerful new weapons and tools, and repair your armor.
- Evolve your camp by adding new amenities, tools, and equipment to increase your group’s morale and efficiency.
- Explore different landscapes and catch fish, rescue and cut wood in mini-games.
Wartales will appear on Steam later this year, with a demo being playable during the Steam Next Festival from June 16-22.
‘)); }); }); }