It is official: latest version of Windows 10, the (also known as version 21H1).is on the way. At a virtual event on June 24th, Microsoft with some big changes to the longstanding operating system, including its first name change in six years. The announcement comes shortly after Microsoft released the
Windows 11 includes a number of new features, including the ability toand updates too , and that is cleaner and more Mac-like in design. (Everyone is here .)
Here’s all the details we know about Windows 11 so far, including price, compatibility, release date, beta download, new features, and more.
What new features does Windows 11 offer?
Here are some of the great new features in Windows 11:
- A new, more Mac-like user interface. Windows 11 has a clean design with rounded corners, pastel tones and a and taskbar.
- Integrated Android apps. and installable from the new one via the Amazon Appstore. (There were several ways to access Android apps on Windows 10 including , but that makes it native.)
- Widgets. While they’ve been around for a while (remember desktop gadgets on Windows Vista?), Including in a , you can now and personalize it to see what you want.
- Microsoft Teams integration. and is built right into the Windows 11 system tray, making it easier to access (and a bit more like Apple’s FaceTime). You can access Teams from Windows, Mac, Android, or iOS.
- Xbox technology for better gaming. , like Auto HDR and DirectStorage, to make gaming better on your Windows PC.
- Better support for virtual desktops. Windows 11 lets you toggle between multiple desktops for personal use, work, school, or play in a way more like MacOS.
- Easier transition from monitor to laptop and better multitasking. The new operating system includes features called Snap Groups and Snap Layouts – collections of the apps you use at the same time, which are in the system tray and can appear or be minimized at the same time to make it easier to switch tasks. They also allow you to easily plug in and unplug a monitor without losing where your open windows are.
about a week before the event, so we had an idea of ââsome of the features in advance.
When is the Windows 11 release date?
Windows 11 is now available as an Insider Preview build download for those in the Windows Insider Program and will be available as a public beta in July (here is). According to Microsoft, it will be rolled out on all compatible PCs and new PCs around Christmas 2021 and will continue through 2022. However, several indications suggest it .
Is my computer compatible with Windows 11?
To see if your current Windows 10 PC is eligible for the free upgrade to Windows 11, visit the Microsoft website for a list of requirements.
Microsoft originally directed people to download the PC Health Check app to check that their computers were compatible. However, many users reported that they did not provide enough details on why a device was incompatible. On June 28, a Microsoft blog post stated that the company was “temporarily removing the app” to address this issue and that the tool would be returning before the Windows 11 release this fall. (When it returns, we’ll have a step-by-step guide for that, and what information it gives you. In the meantime it goes like this without this tool.)
if you, this computer is also eligible for the free upgrade.
How can I download Windows 11 when it becomes available?
Once Windows 11 is generally available, download it as you would any new version of Windows. Most users go to Settings> Update & Security> Windows Update and click Check for updates. If available, see Function update to Windows 11. click Download and install. (Here you can find more information about. If you haven’t upgraded to Windows 10 yet, you might still be able to quietly .)
Will it be free to download Windows 11?
If you are already a Windows 10 user, Windows 11 will be saved as a.
For more information, see, everything you need to know about the latest , the and .